Marketing automation has been known to have many benefits but whatever said and done; there are certain things that you should be aware and not just believe in hearsay. If you are in the marketing business, then it is imperative that you know all the advantages and disadvantages of automation. You must also have awareness about the fact that not everything that you come across written on the internet is true and some jurisdiction is required. There are certain misconceptions about marketing automation, and this article will remove all your doubts and correctly state what the facts are and what are the myths.
Myths and facts about marketing automation
1. Software platform – People have the perception that marketing automation is the one stop solution for all the issues related to marketing. They have a notion that it helps in better communication with the potential buyers and also keeps their interest intact in the products and services of the company. The fact is that is isn’t a solution but a software platform.
2. You do not get immediate results – Many marketers live under the myth that the results with marketing automation come quickly. They feel that moment they will start sending messages; the leads will start to come in. But that is just not true. At least six months after the implementation are required for you to realize the results. Getting successful with marketing automation does take time but delivers excellent results.
3. No full automation of marketing efforts – People seem to have this notion that marketing automation helps to automate the efforts you make in your marketing strategy completely. But that is simply untrue. It gives you an edge and helps you understand the behavior of your potential buyers. You can perform some activities that will be supportive of the buying behavior and therefore, you can score leads easily.
4. Marketing Automation is quite expensive – Another myth going around about marketing automation is that it helps to lower expensive marketing techniques but in the real sense, not only the software, but it costs many other things for marketing automation to be fully realized. Marketing people understand in a few months that there is a lot required to be fully prepared for the automation. They also find out that there is more: they need to have progressive paths, have a way to score leads and also use many kinds of mediums so that buyers’ interest is maintained at all times. All this requires both time and money and in more cases than one, many more people working on it too.
How to get marketing automation to work for you
Well, once you are well aware of the myths and facts regarding marketing automation, it’s now that you will fully know how to use it to your full advantage.
1. Assemble all your content and make assessment of it – You may have good content with you that you can use to your advantage with just a little modification. You have to know how to build the right kind of content so that you score leads. For this, you have to get into the skin of your buyers, and this is where you utilize the marketing automation software to your full advantage. Shape all the content around what customers expect you to deliver.
2. Executive buy-in – You must have an executive buy-in for the purchase that you intend to make. It will help you to do a few things like direct your sales and marketing towards the right direction and also know exactly why marketing automation is something that you need and cannot do without. It may take a while before you get the results. The executive needs to know this, or they may get impatient soon.
3. Establish your milestones – You have to ask yourself certain questions:
- What are going to be your big milestones?
- When and what are your results going to be?
- Who will communicate if there is any internal success or failure?
- How will you determine your expectations?
The process to establish your milestones is a trial and error method, and there are bound to be many changes, especially in the beginning.
4. Be a miser when it comes to leads – You don’t have to give all your leads to sales. You have to be careful and also a little stingy in dealing with them. Marketing automation software is designed in such a way that your leads are nurtured in the best possible way. To conclude, it is tough to do good marketing. But with the platform of marketing automation, you will have what you need, and you can do all the lead generation and therefore, manage your plans well. It is not a shortcut, but it brings about a change in the entire marketplace.