Although global SEO can do wonders to your business, but if small and medium sized businesses focus on local SEO they can yield even better results. It has been observed that around 43% of the queries are based on local focused keywords. If we look from the mobile web perspective, then 50% of the searches are used to find a local business or store using mobile phones or tablets. You shall be amazed to know that 61% of such searches eventually result in a sale!
Apart from the high venues that you get from SEO, there can be many problems associated with it.Here are some common SEO problems and their solutions:
1. The Site lacks Location-Specific Content
For about global and local SEO, high quality content is of prime importance. If small sites are loaded with good quality content, then with small change in search algorithms, they can compete with big corporate websites. This is where the local businesses lack in their SEO efforts. Content must be with a touch of local flavor to attract the local customers.
• Content must be original and no duplicity in your pages and within the internet must be there.
• Also, in the Alt tags of photographs and images, there must be location specific content.
• Location specific content must be there in the Meta description also.
2. The Site Lacks Location-Specific Pages
If there are no results from your SEO efforts, then location-specific pages must be missing from your site. The way Page titles and page URL’s are constructed sometimes they also pose problems in getting conversions.
• For local SEO, it is not good that the page titles have only business name. It is important that you optimize your page title with inclusions of local elements with your brand name, services and products.
• Apart from ‘Home’, About Us’, ‘Services ‘ pages, you must include generic page terms to bring some local touch to your website.
3. Inconsistent NAP Details in Local Search Results for the Business
In your local SEO campaigns, the NAP details i.e the phone number and address of your business are used extensively. This causes problems in showing you the desired results for your SEO campaigns.
Your business must be listed in major directories with the correct NAP details for yourbusiness.
4. Incorrect or multiple listings of your business on Google
SEO results will be affected adversely, if you have incorrect or multiple listings in the major business directories. You must doubly check your listings in Google Places and Bing Business Portal.
• You must guarantee that your home page listings point towards one URL only.
• If there are multiple locations of your business, then at Google Places and other directories, there must be separate landing pages for each.
5. Good Social Media Presence is not good for your business
In the modern day to day living, social media plays an important role. It has been observed that 63% of the users select a business, depending on their social media presence. If the social media presence is not strong of your business, you shall not see the desired results in your SEO efforts.
• Increase your presence on Twitter by following the guidelines correctly.
• Increase your presence on Facebook with building communities and with paid social ads.
• You can use the tools available at Google+ for business to interact well with your local customers.
6. Your Business lacks good Citations
Industry experts have claimed that after correct NAP details, good citations can bring you those desired results from SEO that you have been looking for. A citation is generated when any other online source mentions your “NAP” details in their websites.
• There are many good sources which can be used to generate citations. You are only required to maintain good relationship with them so that they can give citations of your business in their websites.
• Citation must be top quality to come in the eyes of Google.
7. There are no good Reviews for your business
50% of the customers will show trust in your business, only if they read positive reviews about your company. There must be at least 6 to 10 reviews to generate trust from your targeted customers.
• You can request your loyal customers to post reviews about your business.
• You can even add certain review systems in your website so that your customers can write reviews easily for the services and products they have chosen your business for.
8. You don’t have a proficient SEO services Provider for your business
Most of the businesses fail to get the desired results from their SEO campaigns, because they fail to employ right SEO executives for their business or they do it themselves with little or no knowledge of SEO.
You need to employ a SEO executive that understands your business and can design the SEO strategies keeping in mind all the new guidelines. The executive you select must have the required experience and knowledge to provide you the desired results.
Hope with the above mentioned, solutions of the common SEO problems, you would know where you are lacking behind in your SEO campaigns. Apply the following solutions and see favorable results.