It can be a challenging task to implement any new idea into your organization. Several factors have a significant role to play, like internal politics, lack of time and the list is long.
Every company requires a good leader for continuous growth. It is a well-established fact marketing automation is a lot more than the simple software’s used for automatic emails. Is your company interested in buying prospect lists and sending email blasts? If the answer is yes then probably your boss will think that you have already put into practice the marketing automation.
Read on get to know about some of the simple tips that can be useful in convincing your boss to purchase marketing automation. For a productive conversation, make sure that you keep these simple tips in mind.
1. Focus on the key areas of your boss’s problems: Unique ideas generally arise from the issues you have to deal with in your day to day life. So always focus on the problems and then start thinking about the solutions. You need to sound more productive in the entire conversation. You need to frame the whole idea in such a manner that it seems like a brilliant idea and a solution to the existing problems.
2. Make a concrete business case: If your boss has to invest some money, then he or she would like to know the entire business strategy. So be prepared with a solid case in support of marketing automation. You need to be well prepared with all the benefits of MA. The case can be based on some of the studies conducted in the past or present. You can refer to the user groups and online communities for collecting data. You can take help of some of the good examples so that you can reflect these in the business style.
3. Match the goals with the suggestion: If you have understood this point correctly, 80 percent of your job is accomplished. The proposals need to be projected in such a manner that they match with the goals. It is an excellent way of making things clear and convincing someone.
4. Be mentally prepared for all sorts of objections: Some of the objections to MA are associated with the costs involved and the distractions of ongoing support and implementation. Your boss would like to know:
- The time you will be requiring for preparing and implementing the software.
- The kinds of resources you will need from the different departments.
- The kind of support MA would require.
- The entire information about the hidden costs involved.
- The total time required by your team to learn the necessary set of skills.
So make sure that you are well prepared to answer all sorts of queries.
5. Do all that it takes to make the whole thing work in the interest of the company: Once your boss agrees to the proposal, you need to ensure that you leave no stone unturned in making it work. You might have to work very hard initially, but once everything is settled, you can relax. Introducing something new into an organization is a tough task. Initially, everyone is skeptical about the whole thing, but with the extra commitment, you can do wonders.